Friday, October 24, 2008

Savin' some green

I went out the other day and bought a new cord for my camera. And it didn't work either, but it is a multi corded USB I can use with everything from my phone to computer. I then reinstalled the software that came with the camera on my computer. Didn't work either. So that means something is wrong with the camera itself. Instead of trying to figure it out, I decided I need to buy a new camera. So I started looking. I just couldn't decide! I'm so picky when it comes to things like that.

Then I had to go to Office Depot today because my Mom needed ink for her fax machine at work. I don't know if it's like this at all Office Depot stores, but they have crates full of last minute buy items set up in front of the registers to form the space to make a line. And I spotted it. A multimedia card reader. This baby reads SD, xd, mini's and just about any other digi card. It was $19.99. But knowing that Office Depot can be pretty expensive, I went home to surf the internet.

My first stop: Walmart.com. They had some of the same stuff, but either around the same price and some a little more. I instantly became discouraged because Wally World is usually the cheapest. (Yes, I know it's also big bad walmart, but when you're a penny pincher it's the way to go). So I check Target.com. They had about the same stuff as Walmart. Then I saw one for $14.99. Hey! $5 cheaper works for me. So I head back to the mall.

When I got to Target, it took me FOREVER to find what I was looking for. Of course, it was on the counter next to the register. I'm very excited to find it and fight the urge to do a happy Rosie dance in the middle of the store. Then I look right below it. It is a single SD card reader...exactly what I need since it's the only kind of digi card I use. And the price....$4.99! This time I couldn't fight the dance and did a mini one with an added "freakin' awesome". So instead of spending between $150-$400 (can you tell how undecided I was hahahaha) I spent $5. YAY ME.

2 comments:

Mel and Eric said...

Um, can I say bargain hunter? Will you please come be my personal shopper and save me some cash?

The Britton Clan said...

Nothing like finding a good deal to make it a good day.